So this post is coming up right at the beginning of February, Jan was a weird month for me with a lot of exams and meetings to do with my mental health – things have been slowly getting better again.
I have to say, this month I’ve listened to lots of new music, tried new makeup and skincare products, and watched a hell of a lot of films; here’s my lowdown on January and my favourites!
I decided to start listening to more of a local scene, as well as expand my horizons to styles of music that were still my taste, but just a little more out there.
- A key one to listen to is Spacetoast! They are a local band to the area, and they have just released their first singles onto Spotify, Truncheon-25 and Stranger. Check them out on @spacetoast.band on Instagram, and also listen to their debut singles on Spotify.
- A couple of old bands make it onto this months list: the Backstreet Boys with their new song No Place, as well as Westlife with Hello My Love. These two songs are so sweet and romantic, and are honestly my favourites atm.
- Tom Walker also makes it onto the list, with Just You and I; who’s up for British Breakthrough Act at the Brits 2019 – go vote for him now!
Beauty and Skincare:
This month I decided to go out and try some new products, admittedly a little late to the party, but my faves are:
- I decided to finally jump on the train and buy the Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer in the shade C4. Originally I really liked this, and I thought it suited my skin tone really well, however, I found out as time passed that it oxidised on my skin and ended up with me looking like an Umpa-Lumpa.
- I also managed to get hold of some sample pots of the YSL Touche Éclat Le Teint Foundation at my local Debenhams, in my perfect match, as well as a warmer skin tone; I absolutely love it! A little goes a long way, and it makes me feel warmer, without it being orange!
There are so many other things this month that I’ve loved:
- The fact that the nights are getting lighter – it makes it so much nicer for when I leave work and it’s not pitch black at 4:30pm!
- My new groupchat, the girls in it are absolutely amazing bloggers and are incredible and they are all so supportive so thank you all for being there for me!
- Candles! I’ve found some new candles that I really like this month now that I’ve gotten round to burning them!
- Photo editing and blog post writing – I’ve not done either for so long, and I’m in love with it all over again!
That’s this months round-up, what were your favourites this month?
See you all soon!